Wednesday, September 7, 2011

opening

Dear Friends
I have paid well to get this message to you in haste. I have finally found a job for us that will fulfill our sense of adventure, as well as fill our pockets with plenty of gold. I have ventured far to the west, across the demon sea to the great city of Monarbeon, and let me tell you, it is just as big and as wondrous as all the stories we’ve heard.
So you all know, I am not sending this letter to everyone of our old unit, only us that were the best. Also I know that all of us have grown up on coastal towns, so we know our way around a ship, which will be mighty helpful in this endeavor. It seems that on this side of the sea, they have a bit of a pirate problem, with all of the freeports around, and the Monarbeon Lords tend to have a lot of money in the shipping industry, so they have hefty bounties out on pirate’s heads. There are more than a few pirate hunting ships out patrolling the shipping lanes. Some do better than others, and I got us all first spots at jobs at the next time they ship out.
So if you are not currently tied up with families and jobs and the like, feel free to join me on the open sea hunting down some of the nastiest people on this side of the demon sea. Since the treaty between us and the Theskians seem to be holding, even after so many years of war, I bet there are quite a few unemployed soldiers either coming here or north to the Hordelands.

- Mesk Thrane

No comments:

Post a Comment